Cells can be thought of as complex systems in a dynamic equilibrium between
multiple states that fluctuate stochastically. Our aim is to construct a
numerical model that describes the common mechanisms regulating high-order
function in complex biological systems. To understand the behavior of these
systems, it is necessary to observe state transitions while at the same time
quantitatively describing their dynamics. We are developing novel imaging
systems that combine three major techniques to achieve this aim: 1) imaging
systems which measure protein position, dynamics and the surrounding environment
, 2) novel cell culture systems which can control and perturb the
chemical/mechanical environment, and 3) custom designed biochemical/inorganic
sensors that can visualize the status of the cell. The developed techniques will
provide significant insight on the regulation of tissues, immunity, metabolism
and aging by understanding the fundamental mechanisms that give rise to these
disparate and complex systems.In turn, the information gained will significantly
improve our ability to diagnose and treat diseases and advance the design of new
- September 1, 2018
- Dr. Ichinose (Postdoctoral fellow) joined our team.
- June 19, 2018
- Our research article has been selected as one of the top 100 read cell biology papers for Scientific Reports in 2017.
- March 15, 2018
- Dr. Kaneshiro was awarded RIKEN Research Incentive Award 2017.
- September 19, 2017
- Dr. Kaneshiro was awarded The Early Career Award in Biophysical Society of Jpaan.
- February 1, 2017
- Ms. Higashiguchi (Part-time staff) joined our team.
- May 1, 2016
- Ms. Tujita (Assistant) joined our team.
- March 30, 2016
- Ms. Rozanova (Ph.D student) joined our team.
- January 18, 2016
- Ms. Nakano (Part-time staff) joined our team.
- May 1, 2015
- Dr. Germond (Postdoctoral fellow) joined our team.
- October 1, 2014
- Dr. Mizushima (Postdoctoral fellow) joined our team.
- June 12, 2014
- Dr.Kaneshiro was awarded The Young Scientist Award for Presentation at the Annual Meeting of the Japan Society for Cell Biology.
- April 1, 2014
- Ms. Ohara (Part-time staff) joined our team.
- October 1, 2013
- Ms. David (Ph.D student) joined our team.
- June 19, 2013
- Mr.Morikawa was awarded The Young Scientists Award for the presentation
at the Annual Meeting of the Japan Society for Cell Biology.
- April 1, 2013
- Dr.Okamoto (Postdoctoral fellow) joined our team.
- December 21, 2012
- The website is open.